This is a great demo on on the selectivity of the Periolase. In this demo the laser is shown removing the dark ink from the business card without burning it. It is also shown removing the ink from the opposite end of an anesthetic cartridge without heating the glass or anesthetic. Notice the laser does not touch the card or cartridge.
Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure
- A) Perio probe indicates excessive pocket depth.
- B) Laser light removes bacteria and diseased tissue.
- C) Ultrasonic scaler and special hand instruments are used to remove root surface tartar.
- D) Laser finishes cleaning pocket and aids in sealing the pocket closed so new germs cannot enter.
- E) Healing of gums to clean root surface occurs.
- F) Bite trauma is adjusted.
- G) Healing occurs
LANAP is a laser based approach to treating gum disease using an Nd:YAG laser. The reason why Dr. Arashiro uses the laser is to remove only the diseased tissue, minimize recession around the tooth, and to minimize bleeding and discomfort after the surgery.